About Florian Roemer
- Born in Erfurt, Germany on April 06, 1981
- Currently living in Ilmenau, Germany
- High-resolution parameter estimation: ESPRIT, MUSIC, RARE
- Multilinear algebra / tensor calculus: CANDECOMP, PARAFAC, Higher-Order SVD
- Non-circular sources: NC Unitary ESPRIT
- Antenna array signal processing: beamforming, array interpolation
- Multi-User MIMO communications: multi-user precoding, channel estimation and pilots, scheduling
- Two-Way Relaying: Channel Estimation (Tensor-Based Channel Estimation (TENCE) for Two-Way Relaying), Beamforming (Algebraic Norm-Maximizing (ANOMAX) transmit strategy)
- Compressive Sensing
- 08/2016: EURASIP Best PhD Award 2013
- 05/2016: Elevation to IEEE Senior Member
- 05/2015: Postdoctoral scholarship of the der Carl-Zeiss Foundation (2016-2017)
- 01/2013: Best dissertation award of the Förder- und Freundeskreises der TU Ilmenau
- 01/2007: "Siemens Communications Academic Award 2006"
- since 10/2012: postdoctoral research fellow at the Digital Broadcasting Research Laboratory at Ilmenau University of Technology lead by Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Giovanni Del Galdo
- 12/2006-10/2012: research fellow at the Communications Research Lab at
Ilmenau University of Technology lead by
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Haardt
- Research in various national and international research project (e.g., in the European research projects WINNER-2 (as a subtask leader for the subtask Local Area) and SAPHYRE )
- Teaching assistant at the Communications Research Lab including the courses Signals and Systems (Signale und Systeme) 1 & 2, telecommunication systems (Telekommunikationstechnik), information technology (Informationstechnik), Mobile Communications, Adaptive and Array Signal Processing
- Tutoring for diploma theses, student projects, Bachelor- und Masters theses
- 05/2003 - 10/2006: student research assistant at the Communications Research Lab at Ilmenau University of Technology: research on high-resolution parameter estimation, non-circular complex random signals, electronically steerable (ESPAR) antennas
- 10/2005 - 03/2006: Internship at the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT): research on diagonalization of pseudo-circulant polyphase matrices
- 10/2012:Completion of the Ph.D. (Dr.-Ing.) degree.
- Title of the dissertation: "Advanced Algebraic Concepts for Efficient Multi-Channel Signal Processing"
- Completed with the oral defense on October 04, 2012, final grade: summa cum laude
- The dissertation received the best dissertation award from the Förder- und Freundeskreis of the Ilmenau University of Technology and the EURASIP Best PhD Award 2013.
- 10/2006-10/2012: Ph.D. studies in electrical engineering with major in communications research at Ilmenau University of Technology
- 10/2000 - 10/2006: studied computer engineering at Ilmenau University of Technology
- major in telecommunications engineering and digital signal processing
- Graduated at October 24, 2006 with final mark 1,0 (with honors).
- Diploma thesis titled "Advances in subspace-based parameter estimation: Tensor-ESPRIT-type methods and non-circular sources". The thesis was awarded . the "Siemens Communications Academic Award 2006".
- 09/2003 - 09/2004: studied computer engineering at McMaster University, Hamilton/ON (Canada), with a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- 09/1999 - 08/2000: civilian service. Catering, accounting and cleaning in a facility where senior citizens can meet each other and participate in organized activities.
- until 08/1999: specialized school in math and natural sciences. Graduated in 08/1999 with the "Abitur" and a total grade of 1,0.
- German: mother tongue
- English: fluent
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 277/300: (09/2002)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade B (06/1999)
- French: basic
- Spanish: basic
- Mathematics und simulation software: Matlab, Simulink, Mathematica, Maple
- Software development: Delphi, C, basic knowledge in Java
- Webdesign and -scripting: HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL
- Typesetting: MSOffice, LaTeX